- 20 Diversion Tactics Highly Manipulative Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths Use To Silence You, Shahida Arabi
- Abuse Victims Are Not Codependent, They’re Trauma-Bonded, Huffington Post by Shahida Arabi
- The Appalling Mental & Physical Health Impact of Bullying, Why Team Building
- Art and Trauma: Creativity As a Resiliency Factor, by Athena H. Phillips, MSW, LCSW
- Benefits of Art Therapy for Adult Survivors of Sexual Abuse, Christine Hennig
- The Biological Response to Psychic Trauma, Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
- The Brain Can Work Against Abuse Victims, by Rhonda Freeman, Ph.D.
- Brainspotting: Recruiting the midbrain for accessing and healing sensorimotor memories of traumatic activation
- Brainspotting: Sustained attention, spinothalamic tracts, thalamocortical processing, and the healing of adaptive orientation truncated by traumatic experience
- Calm Through Creativity: How Arts Can Aid Trauma Recovery, National Clearinghouse on Families & Youth
- Can ‘trauma-informed’ care save our kids?, The Kansas City Star
- Can Family Secrets Make You Sick? (NPR)
- Cheating and Manipulation: Confessions of a Gaslighter, BBC
- Effects of childhood abuse on adult obesity: a systematic review and meta-analysis, Erik Hemmingsson, Ph.D.
- Childhood Trauma in the Etiology of Borderline Personality Disorder, Linda Baird, M.A.
- The Compulsion to Repeat the Trauma, Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
- The Cultic Relationship, Ch. 1 excerpts from Captive Hearts, Captive Minds, Madeleine L. Tobias & Janja Lalich, Ph.D.
- Definition of Trauma, Judith Herman, M.D.
- Developmental Trauma Disorder, Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
- Domestic Violence as a Cultic System, David Ward, International Cultic Studies Association
- Effectiveness of an Extended Yoga Treatment for Women with Chronic Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Effectiveness of various types of therapeutic interventions from the Community Survey at Newtown – Sandy Hook
- EMDR Therapy: Trauma Research & Further Reading
- Emotional Neglect and Complex PTSD, Pete Walker, M.A., M.F.T.
- Emotional and Psychological Trauma
- Facts about Domestic Violence and Psychological Abuse
- Frequently Asked Questions About Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing – EMDR Institute, Inc.
- Homelessness as Trauma
- How childhood trauma could be mistaken for ADHD, ACEs Too High News
- How Chronic Traumatization Interferes With Meeting Goals and Completing Actions, Laura K. Kerr, Ph.D.
- How Poverty Affects the Brain
- An Investigation into Cult Pseudo-Personality, Gillie Jenkinson, M.A., International Cultic Studies Association
- It’s Not Always Depression, The New York Times
- The Limits of Talk: Bessel van der Kolk wants to transform the treatment of trauma by Mary Sykes Wylie
- The Link Between Stress and Rheumatoid Arthritis, Everyday Health
- Men Can Be Victims of Abuse, Too (with Resources), National Domestic Violence Hotline
- The Need for a Trauma-Informed Approach to Female Incarceration
- Nurturing Moms May Boost Children’s Brain Growth, Maia Szalavitz and Bonnie Rochman
- The Opposite of Addiction is Connection
- A Physician’s Confession – ACE’s Connection
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Self-test
- Psychiatry Has a Long, Stubborn History with Trauma, Ft. Bessel van der Kolk, M.D., Big Think
- Psychological Trauma and the Brain: Interview with Kim Shilson
- PTSD Self Test
- The Real Causes of Depression Have Been Discovered, and They’re Not What You Think, Huffington Post
- A Recovery Bill of Rights for Trauma Survivors, Thomas V. Maguire, Ph.D.
- Redefining Mental Illness, New York Times
- A Remarkable Consensus, The International Cultic Studies Association
- A Revolutionary Approach to Treating PTSD, Featuring Bessel van der Kolk, M.D., The New York Time
- The Science Behind PTSD Symptoms: How Trauma Changes The Brain, Michele Rosenthal
- The Science of How Our Minds and Our Bodies Converge in the Healing of Trauma, Brainpickings
- Selling Bad Therapy to Trauma Victims, Psychology Today
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: One Method for Processing Traumatic Memory
- Study Says Art Makes You Mentally Healthier, Even If You’re Not Good At It
- Trauma and Eating Disorders, National Eating Disorders Association
- Trauma Bonds (And Other Trauma Reactions) by Patrick J. Carnes, Ph.D., CAS
- Treating trauma: More integration needed between medical and behavioral health docs, Medical News by Marissa Ghavami
- The traumagenic neurodevelopmental model of psychosis revisited, by John Read, Roar Fosse, Andrew Moskowitz & Bruce Perry
- The Truth about Psychogenic NonEpileptic Seizures, The Epilepsy Foundation
- Trying To Overcome Trauma? You Might Be Going About It The Wrong Way, Claire Dorotik-Nana, LMFT
- What Do Asthma, Heart Disease, and Cancer Have in Common? Maybe Childhood Trauma, NPR
- What’s So Great About EMDR, Psych Central
- What is Brainspotting?
- What is Domestic Violence?, The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- What is Gaslighting?, The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- What is Somatic Experiencing (SE)?
- What is Neurofeedback? Applied neuroscience, The Trauma Center at JRI
Adverse Childhood Experiences
Vince Felitti, M.D.
Behind The Pages with
Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
Brené Brown on Empathy
EMDR Webinar “The Past is Present”
Francine Shapiro Ph.D.
Everything You Think You Know About Addiction Is Wrong
TED Talk by Johann Hari
Healing Trauma from a Client’s Point of View
by Actor and Founder of Healing TREE Marissa Ghavami
How Childhood Trauma Affects Health Across A Lifetime
TED Talk by Nadine Burke Harris, M.D.
How Childhood Trauma Can Make You A Sick Adult
Dr. Vincent Felitti
The Paradox of Trauma-Informed Care
TED Talk by Vicky Kelly
The Power of Vulnerability
TED Talk by Brene Brown, Ph.D.
Red Flags of Abuse and Trauma
by Actor and Founder of Healing TREE Marissa Ghavami
TED Talk by Jamie Marich
Trauma Change Resilience
TED Talk by Dr. Megan McElheran
United States of Differentiation
Tedx Talk by Mastin Kipp
Violence Against Women—It’s a Men’s Issue
TED Talk by Jackson Katz
The Voices in My Head
TED Talk by Eleanor Longden, Ph.D.
What is Brainspotting?
Dr. David Grand
More Videos on Brainspotting: